What does Ruca mean in Spanish?
The word “ruca in Spanish” has several meanings, depending on the country that uses it, below you will find a list of the meanings of the word “ruca”.
1. “Ruca” is a cruciferous plant with purplish flowers.
2. “Ruca” also means spent knife.
3. In New Mexico this word is used as a sinonymous of: out of style.
4. In Honduras, useless, mean, and ugly.
5. An older woman, crudely said “mujer vieja”
6. In Chile and Cuba the home, house, hut, dwelling of some native peoples are called “ruca”. It is a word of Mapuche origin that means house, home.
fuera de estilo – out of style
mujer vieja – old woman
cuchillo – knife
flores – flowers
casa – house
feo(a) – ugly
inútil – useless
ruin – mean
choza – hut
vivienda – dwelling
Esa mujer ya está muy “ruca” (vieja), busca una más joven. – That woman is already very ruca(old woman), she is looking for a younger one.
Esa “ruca”(casa) está bien pequeña – That ruca (house) is very small
La “ruca” (choza) se utiliza para significar a un tipo de vivienda rústica típica de Cuba. – The ruca is used to signify a type of rustic house typical of Cuba.
7. In Colombia it means woman of the house, home, servant.
8. In other countries it means woman of a happy life, prostitute.
Esa mujer es una “ruca” cara. – That woman is an expensive ruca.
9. In Mexico is used as a synonyms of “ruca”: woman, girlfriend, wife, lover.
En la noche voy a salir con mi “ruca”(novia) – At night I’m going out with my ruca.
Read more about: