How to say cinnamon in Spanish?
Cinnamon, a popular spice known for its sweet and warm taste, is used in a variety of dishes and recipes around the world. In Spanish, the word for cinnamon is “canela”. In this article, we will explore how to say cinnamon in Spanish, its pronunciation, and some examples of how to use it in sentences.
The pronunciation of “canela” in Spanish is kah-NEH-lah. The stress is on the second syllable, “NEH”. The “c” is pronounced like an “s” sound when it comes before an “e” or an “i”.
- Mi postre favorito es arroz con leche y canela. (My favorite dessert is rice pudding with cinnamon.)
- Me gusta el olor a canela en la casa durante la temporada de Navidad. (I like the smell of cinnamon in the house during the Christmas season.)
- Agregué un poco de canela a mi café esta mañana para darle sabor. (I added a bit of cinnamon to my coffee this morning to give it flavor.)
- La canela es una especia muy utilizada en la cocina mexicana. (Cinnamon is a spice commonly used in Mexican cuisine.)
- La canela también se puede utilizar en remedios caseros para aliviar el dolor de garganta. (Cinnamon can also be used in home remedies to relieve sore throat pain.)
In conclusion, “canela” is the Spanish word for cinnamon. It is a versatile spice that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes, and is also used for its medicinal properties. By understanding how to say “canela” correctly, you will be able to confidently use this spice in your Spanish vocabulary.
Popular Spanish categories to find more words and phrases:
How Do You Say Caterpillar in Spanish